Sunday, September 20, 2026

Aggie 1 & 2

This weekend of August 15-16 was the best of “Dog Days,” in spite of the Texas heat.  Dutch, Meg, Bo and I traveled to College Station for this year’s Aggie 1 & 2 trials.  Huge thanks to Joanne Hardy and David Grahmann for putting together such a nice trial, in an air-conditioned, covered arena…much appreciated in the August heat. (Well, the A\C didn't work too well on Saturday, but Sunday the temperature was perfect.)  

Charly Kronberger and I stayed in a lovely Air B&B cabin about 10 miles outside of town, on a pretty little pond with lots of green grass for the dogs to enjoy, and a big porch perfect for a glass of wine in the evening.  



I was especially proud of my dogs.  I don’t think we have done an arena trial since January, and the venue called for a whole new set of skills compared to our field trials.  Dutch claimed his first 1st place with me, followed by finishes of 6th, 8th and 8th.  Meg earned a 3rd and a 5th, and Bo, who came out of retirement for the event took 9th place in his last run with a score of 81.  I couldn’t be happier with the three of them.  







Adding to the specialness of the weekend was a visit with Georgia Canfield and her husband, Travis Brown, who came to watch from their home in Blue.  And, extra special was time with grandson Gage Wann and Gabby who came to watch Saturday morning.  


The dogs especially enjoyed their time with Zoey Pomykal.  Zoey has a littermate to Bit, Tess and Possum.  Mirk (puppy name Mister) is the other male from the litter, and is beginning his training with Zoey’s grandfather, Berry Raley.  It was a great weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment