Thursday, June 20, 2019

Remembering Audrey

Today would have been the 99th birthday of a remarkable woman whose love and friendship were a part of my life for over 50 years.  Audrey McPhearson Wann died a short time ago at her home in Tucson.  Aud was my first mother-in-law.  She had a loving heart and a great, wry, sense of humor.  (After her son and I divorced, she called herself my mother-out-law.)  Here is a photo taken when we visited her a couple of years ago.


Aud was a talented artist and craftsperson who created beautiful things like this lovely basket that sits on my desk, 


as well as creations in clay and other media.  She saw beauty everywhere, and always amazed me with her talents.  She taught me to see beauty as well, especially in nature.  No longer are objects just pieces or wood or stones, but wonders to be enjoyed.


She was generous with her time and and affection.  She loved her children and her grandchildren, and never failed to remember my birthday or to send a card or note on other special occasions.  She was a no-nonsense, straightforward person, and I cherish her memory and the wisdom she shared with me on so many occasions.  

Rest in Peace, Aud.  We loved you and we miss you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment