Friday, September 25, 2020

Celebration!


We celebrate in September not only because it marks the beginning of fall, but especially because it’s an important birthday and anniversary month.  On the 4th we celebrate our friend Nine’s birthday; on the 18th, Rachel’s, and on the 24th, my mother’s.  She would have been 108 this year.

But these days the big September celebrations at our house honor the adoption anniversaries of Cody and Kota. 


On September 20, 2019, Cody jumped out of Jo Woodbury’s truck in Clearmont, WY, and into our hearts and lives.  He, Kota and Rue celebrated with Blue Bell on this very important anniversary.  Someone asked why he was the only one with his feet on the table, and I replied, "because he's a boy."  Cody is a joy and a pleasure, and we look forward to celebrating many more adoption anniversaries with him.  











This year isn't just about Covid-19; it is also a special anniversary year for Kota.  On September 23, 2010, in Buffalo Gap, SD, she threw herself into John's lap and reminded us again what life with a puppy is like.  Happy 10th Anniversary, my beautiful Dakota.  



Life with you has been anything but dull!  Here are some of my favorite photos from the past ten years.

At 10 months, all legs and energy


Dog tussles with Nickie

My first pack...Nickie & Lucky Dog taught me to hunt

I bagged this turkey gobbler all by myself

Never too big to be a lap dog


or to ask for a tummy rub

Fun traveling in the big truck

A portrait in the Black Hills

My stick signals it's time for a walk

Hiking with my second pack, Rue and Colt

Posing in the bluebonnets with Cody and Rue

Life is Good!


No longer a teenager, but still beautiful

We are blessed!









No comments:

Post a Comment